Monday, August 15, 2005

All Is Quiet On The Southern Front....

 Today marks another turning point in my squalid little life; the house is quiet, no one is here except for me...and two cats. My youngest girl is at school, as well as my grand-daughter. My little grandson is at a day-care center. All last week he was lonely without the "girls" to play with. All he did was stay glued to me all day. His mother and I talked, and we both decided that he needs to interact with other kids his age. I think it is a good idea, as it hopefully will teach him how to deal with other people in the long run. I can honestly say that I enjoy the peace and quiet. Caring for three children everyday was running me ragged!! But, keep this in mind; I can think of nothing that I would have traded this summer's experience with them for. Nothing.

                     Now, having said all that, let me address another "problem". I told some of you a while back that I was having some problems with my liver. After extensive testing, a lot of needles, and some very NASTY tasting things, I appear to be ok; sort of. After having given up nearly ALL my vices over the years,(drugs, smoking, hard liquor, etc.), I was told to give up my BEER!! I only drink a few in the summer. And before this summer, I have had NOTHING to drink for several years, not even beer. So, now that has to go, too. Well, it being summer, and living in a "dry" county, I sort of 'stocked up' on the precious golden brew. I guess I will just have to pour it all out......yeah, right! I will just pour it down me!!

 

     Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: