Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Flashback!!

  Well, I was having a few beers, and it suddenly hit me; I was back as a teenager, having a good time, and getting smashed. I could see very clearly. All of my biker friends, even the ones who never made it this far into the future, were there. I remember them all, good and bad. It seems like everyone and their cousin wants  to be a biker nowadays. Hell, even I have softened up on the folks who don't ride Harleys. The way I see it, at least they are riding!!

               I was a biker when it wasn't cool to be one. We were the most hated people on the face of the earth, save for the Russians! Sometimes, I drink too much, and then I get to thinking---a very bad combination for someone like me. I get to longing for the "old times". I know that I can never go back. But I do have my memories, and maybe that's all that I need for now.

                    I am sure that I will see some of the old bikers in another time, and another place. Let's just hope it isn't too hot there!! Like Jimi Hendrix used to say, "Castles Made of Sand"....

 

Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(I drink too much, and then I get to thinking---a very bad combination for someone like me. I get to longing for the "old times". I know that I can never go back. But I do have my memories, and maybe that's all that I need for now.)

Yes Sir my memories are what entertains me.  And I have made a conscience effort to build a bunch of fun loving ones.  My problem is that my mind is still creative but my body doesn't want to create.

Luv Ya,
Mz Jean