Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Past Friends

  I'm Back. I have been thinking....stop laughing, it could happen! Last week I posted a page here, then took it down later---it just didn't come out right. Maybe a little harsh, or just not to the point. At least, the point that I wanted to make. Sometimes, I feel very limited by my vocabulary.....

  I will give it one more shot. I lost a friend (from the 'net) because someone ELSE said some terrible things to this friend. We will call the friend X, and the other party Z. Now, I don't mind "friends", because NO ONE EVER gets very close to me....I like it like that. But this friend thinks that they can dictate who I keep company with.

  Not good. Even my wife doesn't try that with me. I would never believe that I could dictate someone else's life. I can make suggestions, but nothing more. If someone doesn't want my advice, or chooses to not heed a warning, then what comes next is THEIR decision. I have NO REASON to become angry with them.  "To each his own destiny".

  The problem here is that the friend not only turned their back on me, but challenged me in a public forum. They justified this by saying "I did not use your name". Yeah, thanks----you left NO DOUBT about whom you were referring to! This caused several other people to turn their backs on me, also. Thank You for that. I now KNOW, without a doubt, just WHO I can trust.

  As for "Z"?? Always there, never hating me, and NOT turning their back to me. Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? I made the mistake of banning "Z" from this Journal, for the sake of supposed "friends". I am working to correct that at this time. Welcome back, "Z".

  We all know that I grew up hard, blah, blah, blah..... I have since tried to soften my ways towards others, only to find that the more I change, OTHERS remain the same. Same old shit, just different names and faces.....and the world grinds on.

  At the core of this, these "friends" should remember ONE THING; The very insignificance of our existence should never be overlooked! The fact that we even lived our pathetic, mundane little lives will be completely erased within one (1) generation. Lighten up, and get over yourselves. Neither YOU or I  are THAT important. Deal with it now, and get over it. You will live MUCH HAPPIER!!

No comments: