Friday, January 21, 2005

The More Things Change---

Oh, the joys of Youth! My youngest daughter was listening to my music the other day. She asked what kind of "boy bands" we had back then. After stiffling a laugh that came from very far down, I told her these; ZZ-Top, Areosmith, Lynard Skynard, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, REO Speedwagon, Three Dog Night, Cream, Black Sabbath, it just goes on forever.

  She told me that they sounded "funny". I explained that she was hearing something that she has never heard before; Talent! I explained to her that most bands back then actually WROTE their own songs! The bands came up through the bars, clubs, and shitty little dives all over this country. They learned from those experiences, and even wrote songs about it! She was duly impressed.

 Now, don't get me wrong, there is some new music that I can just barely put up with. But, really, I think the only place an M&M (Eminem), should be is in a candy dish on my coffe-table!!  Can I get an A-Men??

 

       Be cool, folks, and party hardy. Live everyday like it could be your last---we aren't promised tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now now, I told You That I Liked These Bands Here:ZZ-Top, Areosmith, Lynard Skynard,And Even,Black Sabbath.

But If Only You Could See Eminem Through A Woman's Eyes,You Would See That No One Actually Cares About His Music,(Except Me) The Only CAre About His Looks.I Mean Come On You Have To Admit...THAT EMINEM IS AN ALL NATURAL HOTTIE!!!!!Here,Have A Look-See And You Tell Me The Results...

Go 2 Google.com Click Images And Put In Eminem's Name In,Then When The Pis Show Up ....Take A Look Around!!!



Anonymous said...

AMEN !!!!

I'm a "girl" and there is nothing hot about Eminem from where I'm standing.

Anonymous said...

I agree with John on the Eminem. Personally I am a fan of godsmack

Anonymous said...

I too am a fan of Godsmack,But yall just don't have good taste in men if yall think that Eminem is not hot...Cause in my eyes,HE'S DROP DEAD SEXY!!!!