Monday, January 3, 2005

Feelings--We all Have Them

  Feelings, so many of them. We have anger, sorrow, hatred, love, compassion, and others that I could never imagine! When you stop to think about it, humans are fairly complex animals. Not to mention the fact that each one is totally different from the next, and you have a fairly messy species!

    I know a person, let me rephrase that. I MET a person a few months ago on-line. "Strange" is a good start for describing this person, albeit the understatement of the century! Eccentric, quirky, weird, these are good words to use also. But, hidden behind all of that junk is a bright, intelligent(when they want to be), person.

  Now, some of the other people that I have met on-line don't like this other person. For the sake of clarity, this person will be known as "Z". Z has made LOTS of people VERY MAD, and, at times, has caused even a benevolent soul like myself(stop that giggling!), to just go outside and throw things. Or worse! But, through everything, I never gave up on Z. I have always advocated that Z needs professional help. I can only suggest this to Z, I cannot make Z go.

    Now, as for my other friends who also know Z. They gave up on Z. I really can't blame them. Z is VERY stubborn, and Z likes to change their identity on the 'net all of the time. Then, Z will proceed to piss people off by insulting them. I feel bad for Z, but I feel worse for my other friends. Why? You shall soon see.

     It has never really been a secret that I am constantly trying to help Z. I don't sneak around to do things. If you ask, then I will tell you up front. A couple of my friends won't even return my e-mails right now, and it has to do with Z. I can't understand this. Had one of them been in this situation, would they have wanted me to give up on them? What kind of person would do that??  I am not that person, I can't afford to be. I have done far too much wrong in my life that I am trying to make up for!

    Z does LOTS of things wrong, there is NO QUESTION of that. But to just walk away, and side with everyone else? All Z ever wanted was a little attention. We are ALL guilty of that at times. I have always listened to my other friends' problems. I have offered any advice I thought would help. I don't like just "giving up" on someone. Even a lost cause.

    I am truly sorry, friends, but I refuse to just walk away from someone who obviously needs help in their life(Z). What if it were you, and all you could see was my back as I walked away? Would you think so highly of me then? Would you think of me as "noble"? I think not.

    This is taking far too many words to say something VERY simple. I have LOTS of friends, and I enjoy them ALL. Quirky, weird, strange, goofy, idiotic, whatever. It's what makes them ALL just WHO they are!!! Besides, if you KNOW me, then you know that I always root for the under-dog!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, Here is a message I got from our quit buddy from a year ago, Barb.

Let it go for 2005...by T. D. Jakes
>
> There are people who can walk away from you. And hear me when I tell
You this! When people can walk away from you: let them walk.
> I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you,
loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying
> attached to you.  When people can walk away from you let them walk.
Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left.
> The bible said that, they came out from us that it might be made
manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt
they would have continued with us. [1 John 2:19] People leave you because
they are not joined to you. And  if they are not joined to you, you can't
make them stay. Let them go.
> And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their
part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's  part in
your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead.
You've got to know when it's dead. You've got to know when it's over. Let
me tell you something. I've got the gift of good-bye. It's the  tenth
spiritual gift, I believe in good-bye. It's not that I'm hateful, it's
that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He'll
give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it. Stop
begging people to stay. Let them go!! If you are holding on to something
that doesn't belong to you and was never intended for your life, then you
need to LET IT GO!!! If you are holding on to past hurts and pains ..LET
IT GO!!!  
>
>  
>
>  >  
>

Anonymous said...

Here is the rest of the above message.  Since this is so long you may want to delete from your journal.

If  someone can't treat you right, love you back, and see your
worth...LET IT GO!!! If someone has angered you ... LET IT GO!!! If you
are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge .. LET IT   GO!!! If
you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction . LET IT GO!!! If
you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs or  talents
... LET IT GO!!!  If you have a bad attitude...LET IT GO!!! If there is a
particular situation that you are so used to handling yourself and God is
saying "take your hands off of it," then you need to... LET IT GO!!! Let
the past be the past. Forget the former things. GOD is doing a new thing
for 2005!!! LET IT GO!!! Get Right or Get Left think about it,  and then
LET IT GO!!! "The Battle is the Lord's!"  
>

Anonymous said...

 While I find that this may be good advice for some, it just doesn't work for me. God has never spoken to me, and most probablly never will. Or, maybe I just can't seem to hear Him/Her???