Friday, December 29, 2006

A Tribute Too Late Given

 So, former President Ford has passed away. I kind of liked the guy, you know? I don't think he did any harm at all while he was in office(I know someone will dispute this notion), and Chevy Chase did such a good impression of him! Always falling down, or tripping over some foreign object.

 

              So now I see in the headlines for the day that "tributes" are being presented in his honor. Here's a quick thought, if you think so highly of the person, why not have tributes to them WHILE THEY ARE ALIVE? How the hell does a dead person know about your puny tribute? If a guy or girl is liked, for fuck's sake, tell them while they are alive!

 

           Too many times someone is taken from us with no warning, and we wish we had told them some thing or another while they were alive. Don't waste time thinking "Oh, I will sound stupid". Some of the best things you can say to a person will almost always sound awkward, or silly. I wish I had said more to my mother before she was taken from me. I have an Uncle I think very highly of, whom I haven't seen in about twenty five years. I wish I had told him just how much he did for me, how he kept me on the right track(mostly, anyway).

 

           My grandmother died in 2002. We always used to kid each other. She would ask me to do something for her, and ask what she "owed" me for doing it. I would tell her to just keep her foot in the gate of Heaven for me, so we could be together, if she got there first. Hopefully, no one has caught her yet! My grandmother ALWAYS knew that I loved her, and she, me. I said all I needed to say to her so she could go on her journey knowing just how I felt about her.

 

          Forgive me these emotions, but at some level, I, too, am human...somehow, somewhere, someway, sometimes. The writer in me sometimes takes over, and things that I would rather keep hidden come to the fore. Sorry.

 

                 Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: