Wednesday, January 3, 2007

The Grandkids are Back!!

Well, I guess I should mention that the "kids" are back home. They got in around midnight this past Saturday night. I knew when the phone rang at midnight exactly who was calling. It was my oldest daughter telling me she was home. She knows I worry when they are on the road.(Besides, anyone who knows me would NEVER DARE call me at midnight!!LOL)

 

             I have since spent time with both grandchildren. Little Vinnie will be three years old in January. He loves going to Mexico to ride "burros" as he calls them. My daughter and her husband bought a small burro last year for him to ride at home. And ride it he does! He even tries to use his dad's latigo(special rope) to try and rope the little thing! This child will be famous on the rodeo circuit one day.

 

           The strange thing is that no one has pushed him in that direction. The boy just seemed to know things that he was never taught. Somehow, he knows what a latigo is for, and how to use it. Make no mistake, I am no cowboy. I prefer my horses to be iron. I am not partial to animals at all. I HAVE ridden horses before, and I can't see the attraction. Too slow, and too much bouncin'!!! I'll take a Harley any day!

 

                   Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: