Sunday, April 2, 2006

You're Kiddin' Me!!!

    Well, now that that is taken care of(weirdcrazycool, huh?), I have to tell all of you something. Something strange. I love Chinese food. We have a small Chinese restaurant about 30 miles from here, and sometimes my wife and I were known to sneak off to go there.

 

          Now, as you might have guessed by now, it isn't just a fried chicken and hot-wings joint. They serve authentic Chinese cuisine. This would include "Sushi". About two years ago, my oldest daughter dared me to try some of it. "No way am I eating raw fish", was my response. Well, this went on for a couple of weeks, and I finally tried some. I had tasted raw oysters before(long story, involves bikers and beer), so I thought, "how bad can it be"?

 

     I loved it! Now, let's jump to the present day. A new Chinese place just opened up about three weeks ago. This one is buffet style, so it isn't fancy. The weird thing is that they have an extensive line of sushi. They even have raw oysters. My wife and I met some friends of ours today  at the new Chinese restaurant for lunch. It was great!

 

         I have tried to cut down on my fried foods. I am at an age that I need to stop doing some of the things that I do...a lot of them, actually. I had nothing but sushi and oysters today, and believe me, I went back for seconds! At one point, my friend asked me if I ate anything that was cooked today! LOL No, i didn't eat anything that was cooked. But I had fun, and had some good food!

 

              Ok, so what is my point? Good question, children(minions). Try something new once in awhile. You might like it, you might not. If you don't like it, then you have wasted nothing more than the time that you spent trying it. Now, with that goes a word of caution; start simple! If you have never gone sky-diving, please don't rush out and jump out of an airplane! That can come later.

 

             You see, I KNOW that some people who read here do the exact same thing every day. Just change some things, and see if you like it. If not, then change back to your normal routine. Hey, I see it this way, a rut is nothing more than a grave waiting to be filled in! So try something different once in awhile!! Who knows, you might find a "hidden" talent?

 

                  Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I consider you very brave John. I went to a chinese joint years ago before I moved to Chicago and was going to try sushi for the first time with some friends. Well, after looking at it I decided to try the "California Roll" (fake crabmeat). It was ok from what I can remember. I just couldn't do the real thing......

Mollie