Monday, April 17, 2006

Can It Be?

   I have mentioned before that when my mother died almost two years ago, I had to make a "pilgramage" back to Missouri. I have also told some of you how it felt like "home", and just felt right to me to be there. Now, most of you also know that I recently found my dad in Missouri. He is sick, and not doing well. My need to see him is great, and I have stated this before. I have also stated that if I go, I will never come back home....the pull of my birth-place is just that strong to me.

 

          Here is my dilema; I am being pulled toward Missouri, but I am also being pulled to stay right where I am. I am anchored here by a woman. Could it be the LOVE of that woman? I have no idea. I only know that I cannot break her spell; she is obviously using some kind of black magic to control me! This is ME! I was used to keeping women in different places, and not worry about them. Now I have only ONE, and I can't seem to break away from her?

 

            Men. We enter into "love" blindly. We go where Angels and Demons fear to tread. We walk avenues that some will never see, only to be trapped by a woman's love. How does this happen? How can we be so completely used? How can we NOT break away from some women? Is it all of the years I have spent with her? Is it the memories? Is it "love"? I am pulled in two directions, and it is killing me. I love her, but I feel this "pull" from somewhere else...from my home, from my kin, some would say from my "destiny".  Men.....we just can't handle women.

 

              Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need to see your dad - then go! You may regret it if you don't. If your wife has a pull over you, then you will return after seeing you dad.

Mollie