Saturday, March 4, 2006

Take Care of your Pets

  I belong to a local "freecycle" chapter in my area. This is a small organazation that has people who give things away to other people, to be recycled, or re-used, and not just thrown away. It is a good idea, but sometimes, it can try your patience.

 

          Nearly everyday I see people "giving away" free puppies and kittens. People....PLEASE take care of your animals. If you 'keep' an animal as a pet, then YOU are responsible for that animal! Have the animal spayed, or nuetered. This way you don't have to go out of your way trying to "give away" little bundles of life that even YOU don't want. If you wanted them, you wouldn't be trying to give them away! Make no mistake, you were careless, and your animal became pregnant, and now you don't want the little lives that have come into the world.

 

           I hate to see this keep happening, but it goes on everyday. There is no excuse for this. YOU are supposed to be "smarter" than your animals....."supposed to be"...that is the key. Don't let this keep happening. Do I own animals? Yes, I have two female cats. I love them, and I do not let them become pregnant. At this time, I do not want a litter of kittens to deal with. Rather than let the cats run loose during the time they are "in season", I keep them in the house. And, yes, I have to put up with some of the most awful noises you could imagine. Cats in season can be VERY vocal! And very loud.

 

        No matter what animal you own, please stop the un-wanted births of little bundles of life. Any life is precious. I can't stand to hear of people that have small animals, and they actually kill the new borns sometimes, just to get rid of them. That person has to be more "man" than I am. I could not do that...like I said, ALL life is precious, a miracle in itself. Do what is right, won't you, please?

 

          A concerned citizen in Walnut, Ms.

No comments: