Saturday, March 18, 2006

Everyday Joys

  For the last couple of days, I have had the pleasure of the grandkids coming over. The little girl is five (5) years old, and the boy is only two (2) years old. The girl will watch cartoons, or blow bubbles for the cats to pop. She uses that bubble-blowing stuff. The boy, on the other hand, is a complete hand full!

 

          Everything is a "horse" for him to ride (they have real horses at home). Everything is also something for him to try to rope, like a cow, or calf. This child will almost certainly be a cowboy in every sense of the word. He has a large horse at home, it is plastic, and sits on springs. He not only rides this horse the 'normal' way, but he loves to stand up on the saddle, hang off to one side, and even slide down it to ride UNDER it's neck! I am more afraid of him turning the entire thing over onto himself, than I am of him simply falling off of it. Cowboy, indeed!

 

         At the same time, the children also bring their mother with them. That would be my older daughter. Keep in mind that I have a fourteen (14) year old at home. This past Thursday, we got her (the 14 y/o) a new game for the Playstation 2. It came with a game, and a special 'controller' in the form of a guitar. Now, the youngest girl loved it, as did the girl friend that stayed with her all week. Now, enter the oldest girl....surprise!! She likes it too! Now when she comes over, they both are in the bedroom, laughing and playing this game. Just to see them getting along is enough for me to be content. Usually, they just argue about WHO is the most spoiled!

 

           These are "Everyday Joys". I wouldn't trade them for anything, believe me. I have had one of the most exciting lives possible, and this is the best of times for me. I have done things that most people could only imagine, yet these times right now, hold more excitement, and intrigue, than anything I have ever seen! And now my oldest daughter is talking about wanting another child.....looks like my story is far from over....

 

                    Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: