Thursday, September 1, 2005

HELP NEEDED

   As my wife has told me, some things for relief are starting to come through the Salvation Army where she works.(store) They are telling people to send CASH DONATIONS....that seems to help most. Donations of clothing, water(bottled), canned foods, and some children's toys are greatly needed.

             I keep hearing on CNN about the "Major" charities...Red Cross, Feed the Children, etc. These are good places to give, don't get me wrong. My problem with them is that they WASTE MONEY that could be used for the good of the people that they are supposed to help. Remember the Goodwill, or the Salvation Army? No? That is because they DO NOT waste money advertising.

           The lady who runs the store where my wife works just left for the coast Wednesday night with a truck filled with clothing, water, food, and other items(toilet paper seems to be a major concern, also). Everyone around here is giving something...even I am bringing this message to you. We do what we can....some more, some less. The Wal-Mart Corporation has kicked in one million dollars, as have the New York Yankees, and the N.F.L. Thank you, very much.

                  I would also like to say thank you to the different states (Texas, Tennessee), who have opened their doors to the victims of this disaster. People are so capable of hating each other, but they are so much more capable of HELPING each other. The sad truth is that once this is over, people will go back to acting like their life is the most important thing in the universe, and no one else matters. That is just sad.

           I truly feel for the people of New Orleans...their work is cut out for them. Have we been affected by this? Yes, my wife has an Uncle in Gulfport, and a nephew also. We cannot contact them as of yet, and have no idea if they are ok. We can only wait, and hope to have some contact with them. I am most worried about our nephew....he is only 18. Now, they are telling us that the body count in that area is still climbing....we wait.

             I have said it so many times; A life can be taken from us at any time. Tell people what you need to right now...you may not have a chance later. And, please, help if you can.

 

               Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: