Friday, September 16, 2005

This Is Right?

  As I am writing this, I am in the middle of reading yet another book. Yes, some of us in the South actually read something other than roadsigns. The name of this book is The Mammoth Book of Nostradamus and Other Prophets. It was written by a British author by the name of Damon Wilson. This book covers not just Nostradamus, but many 'seers' throughout history.

                In the course of reading this book, I have come up to the time of Nostradamus; that is to say the 1500's, or 16th century. Even though Nostradamus' family was from France, they were originally Jewish, but had converted to Christianity two generations before he was born. The family name, 'Nostredame', was changed to the Latin-sounding 'Nostradamus'. Thereby saving the family from....the "Great Inquisition", where anyone who did not convert to christianity was burned, tortured, or otherwise murdered for being "Jewish enemies of Christ".

              This is exactly what I have been saying all along. What makes christianity any 'better' than another religion? Aren't they all supposed to serve the same God? An 'omnipresent entity' that actually controls people's fates? I just don't get it!? Are any of you aware of just HOW MANY PEOPLE have died for "religion" during the time of man? Where does it all end?

            I used to simply admire the "Knights Templar" from the 13th century. That was, untill I found out that at one battle with the Muslims in Constantinople, more than 1,400 UNARMED women, children, and old people were slaughtered by the Knights after they had taken the city. These people were killed because they were Muslims. I have seen the Knights Templar in a different light since then.

             Muslim, Jew, Catholic, Protestant, Buddhist, Taoist, American Indian, Gaist, whatever you are, don't you think it is just plain stupid that people kill others because they are a different religion? Is it any wonder that I have no faith in "Gods"? Some see me as a 'lost soul'....I see me as a realist. What type of 'benevolent god' would allow people to kill each other in his name at will? Doesn't the Bible teach us that killing is wrong? It seems to me that it was one of the ten commandments.....or were those just 'suggestions'?

 

         Questions, comments, abusive remarks? Let me hear them.

             Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Nostradamus! Bery interesting.......

Anonymous said...

Oops! I mean 'very interesting"