Monday, July 9, 2007

Well, Here We Go

 So, I forgot that Saturday I was to spend most of the day at my oldest girl's house for her birthday party. So, on Sunday I was wiped out. I did manage to do a little time on the "machine". Keep tuned in, folks, from now on, I will refer to it as "the rack". Just a little humor there.

 

       Now for the bad news...the measurements.  Chest-50". Biceps-14.5", Flexed-16".Thighs-25.5"  Waist-49". Weight-284pounds. Well, there you have it. The worst is my biceps; they used to be 19" when flexed. I have always had my best and most power in my arms. My legs have always been about average, I guess.  I have, at atimes, been able to snap a standard 2x4 with a single kick, but I haven't tried that in a few years.  I attribute that ability to my combat training, both in and out of the Army.

 

         Ok then, like I stated before, I logged some time on the rack Sunday. I also worked for about ten minutes this morning. It seems that if you have heart problems, a brisk 20-minute workout is NOT a good idea. So, I came up with a plan...why not do TWO workouts per day? Say ten minutes each, morning and evening?  I think that is the best thing for now. But, here is the best part; as I get stronger, and can last longer, I will already be acustomed to working out twice a day!

 

            Here is another mistake some people make starting out; trying to move what is their limit of weight for a few reps. I think it is better to go lighter, and use that amount for more reps per session. I learned that in the Army. Well, not much else to report. The wife got hammered at our daughter's party Saturday. I had about five beers, but since it was outside, I watched what I was drinking. So much of the meds that I take are "photo-sensitive" that I burn easily. I didn't need to be drunk on top of it!  Now then, play nice together untill you hear from me again.....my little minions!

 

          ;-)Holla' If You Hear Me!!!;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a plan.....good for you...like I said I worked out w/weights for 30 years....most people give up......but I think you will not.

In six weeks if you are dilligent you will see results.