Monday, April 30, 2007

Something New!

So, there I was today, bustin' my ass to get something finished. What was it? Another new necklace design? Hardly. I promised my nephew on my wife's side that I would make him a knife with a deer-horn handle.  I know deer have antlers, but some folks still call them "horns".

 

           Do you know the difference between "horns" and "antlers"? Horns don't fall off the animal(well, not usually), and antlers do! Don't worry, I didn't kill the donor deer...neither did my nephew. The horns(antlers) were found in the woods by him. He gave them to me to see if I could do something in the way of jewelry with them. But I came up with a better idea.

 

           Now, I took pictures of the knife before I gave it to him today. It only takes me a couple of days to make these, and now everyone wants one! I will try to post one of the photos here for you to see. It should work, I am just worried that it won't be very clear. I also included a tape-measure in the photo so you could better judge the size of the knife. I would say they are more for show than everyday use, but you could use it everyday if you wanted. I don't think it would be very comfortable to use everyday, but, you never know!

 

                       Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: