Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Bikers vs. Sopranos

  I have recently started watching "The Sopranos". As most of you already know, the sopranos is, or was, a program specific to HBO. I prefer Showtime Networks. Hence, I have never seen the Sopranos. These guys are really cool. Shut up, already. I hear the grumbling in the back. But DragonMaster, the sopranos kill people... only those that deserve it, my minions.

 

           The likeness of the Sopranos to Bikers is not lost on me. How can they be like Bikers? Loyalty, Brotherhood, Soldiers, willing to die for each other. Although the "real" gangsters in the news everyday seem to have trouble with keeping their mouths shut, Tony's boys have no such problems. except for one...

 

               Pussy. Big Pussy as he is known on the show. I think it is ironic that "Pussy" is screwing Tony! Wearing a wire for the F.B.I. Don't worry, I happen to know that Big Pussy goes for a one-way boat ride later on in the series. He gets what he deserves; there is no place for rats in Tony's organization. And this rat can't swim!!!

 

                The idea of a "made guy" seeing a shrink! And now, his shrink is seeing a shrink!!!! That is too much! I never knew a Biker to see a shrink. Unless it was to try to get out of something.

 

                 The Sopranos, like Bikers, are into all kinds of things, extortion, drugs, loan-sharking, insurance scams, you name it. I have never known a Biker to kidnap anyone, but I am sure it has happened; I just never met anyone personally who did it. I have told you just some of the things I was into in my time with the Bikers that I grew up with. The truth is, I can never tell ALL, it would put some people in jeapordy; and not "civvies", either. I am talking about "Brothers". Brothers who would not hesitate to "do away" with a rat in their midst.

 

              Tony's guys, like Bikers,(with the exception of "Pussy"), are fiercely loyal, and I can relate to that. So they talk a little funny, doesn't everyone? Hey, who could forget "Paulie"? If I needed a stand-up guy along with me, I would take Paulie every time! Paulie is a true soldier for the "family". He DOES...he never questions, he just DOES. That is a stand-up guy. Biker or Mob Guy, he gets the job done.

 

                              Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: