Friday, August 18, 2006

Slow Week

    Thank you AOL for generously letting members keep their mailboxes for free, even if they leave AOL! Now, cut your prices in half for dial up, and you will regain some of the million or so customers that you have lost over the past year! If others can do it, I know that you can.

 

         I would leave, also, if not for my wife and daughter. They like you, me, not so much! Your software crashes more than Windows, you cost too much, and you take up far too much space on my hard drive. Plus, you are like an over-bearing parent, constantly looking over my shoulder. However, having said all the above, I still like your parental controls.

 

           Sheese, that was like sitting down and talking to a parent! I am slowly changing my computer room to the way that I want it. The first signs of the change were the swords on the wall, then the rather LARGE HORNS from a Mexican bull, with a compound bow lain across them. Next came the picture of a bald eagle in the corner. I'm getting there, bit by bit! Soon, this will be the room that was supposed to be here 14 years ago.

 

          Back then I picked this room for myself. But one day, a crib got moved in here, then baby clothes, then diapers, then toys, and, finally, a baby girl got put here. As you might have guessed, she is 14 now(almost 15), and she has moved into her big sister's room, that one having been vacated about five years ago by big sis!

 

        So, here I am, 14 years later. The lesson for today is this; some things happen, just not right when we want them to. And some things just have to wait while really cool things happen in their place(kids). Thus endeth the lesson. Oh, this is for Bob...I don't run. I get pissed off sometimes, but I never run. I meet things head-on, and always will. Thanks, Bob, for reminding me of that.

 

                        Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: