Thursday, December 23, 2004

Moods--We all have them

Actually, I like some classical music, but like anything else, only in moderation. I have been wondering lately (Yes, I have too much time on my hands). Do some of the things I do or feel make me any less---me?

    I seem to find joy in certain paintings that I have seen before, but noticed nothing in particular at the time. Certain songs, or music holds new meaning for me. I am sometimes struck by the simplest of things as being overly fascinating, like I have missed something in these things for a lifetime!

  Am I becoming 'civilized', settled, or just more mentally disturbed than before? I find myself pondering these thoughts more frequently than before. The simple fact that I can actually sit here long enough to write this is, in itself, a small miracle.

   So, what is happening? Am I 'evolving', finding the 'next level' in life? And just WHEN did Sienfeld quit being funny, and just become another "whiner" in life? I have always liked the "Kramer" character, but more so now than before. Something is changing, and I know it.

   I still have all of the memories of growing up in a Biker-gang, and the awful things that my mother and step-dad did to us kids growing up. But, since my mother's murder, these things just don't seem too important right now.

   My grandmother(maternal) told me that my real dad wanted to get in touch with me. I wrote to him twice in June, after my mother died. I got the same response as always...nothing. He is a horrible person, and likes to do terrible things to people. He is said to be in poor health.

   I say "fuck him, and let him rot". I haven't become so 'warm-and-fuzzy' that I could ever forgive him anything. I thought my mother and I were on our way to some kind of 'understanding' in our lives, and she was suddenly snatched away by Death itself. A sad end to a sad life...............

   I still trust no one, and I still hate people just as always...I just seem to enjoy some things that I never did before. I have no idea what is going on, but to find "beauty" in things,(other than engines, or machinery) is just not 'like me'.

 ......and he continues to slip, uncontrollably, toward the black abyss....never to be seen again.   An original quote from me, although I am sure that someone, somewhere, has said it before me....I can't be the only one............

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

 Well, "skrat716", what do you think? E-mail me with your comments, questions, abusive remarks, whatever! Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I think we all become more comfortable and more tolerant as we age. I know how little fights between my husband and I use to carry over to a week sometimes, but now, it's forgotten about in less than 5 minutes.
Things that never really interested us before take on a whole new meaning now that we're older. Songs, smells and certain situations (hence, your childhood). I know I'm already feeling sad about times past when I watch That 70's show!

So John, I think life becomes more precious to us as we get older. There are more years behind us now than in front of us.........time does fly!
Get that book out John, it's therapy for a lot of us.

Feed me more please,
Mollie

Anonymous said...

I forgot! I hope you don't hate me John and YOU should know by now that YOU can trust me too.

Mollie

Anonymous said...

 "I forgot! I hope you don't hate me John and YOU should know by now that YOU can trust me too."

Mollie
Comment from molliel417 - 12/25/04 5:38 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------

   Huh?  Hate You? Did I miss something? Hmmm...I wonder about you sometimes, girl. HOLLA' at me if you need to.

Anonymous said...

would you rather i email my comments to you?  i have no rude comments or anything bad to say about this.  its just an artist expressing himself in the way he knows best, words.  i dont dissaprove of anyones talent.

Anonymous said...

Hey Skrat! I just wanted to hear from you personally. If you don't mind. I will ALWAYS keep your Identity secret. You can leave your comments, if you wish. I merely wanted to knoe WHO you are...do I know you? You mentioned that I would be surprised to know WHO can chirp...I was just wondering...