Thursday, December 9, 2004

GreenPeace?????

  Does GreenPeace come in different colors? Maybe a kind of "light green", or "off green"? Don't worry, it will make sense in a minute....

     As most of you know, I have a 12 year old girl still at home, if you don't know that by now, then you aren't paying attention. I used to hunt-deer, rabbits, squirrels, whatever. I quit my hunting because of my injuries, but I still read hunting magazines. I also like to watch the hunting shows on tv.

     My little girl finds this just awful, killing "Bambi" and all of that. So, out of respect for her, I no longer watch the hunting shows(I still get the mags.). So, last winter, my oldest girl and her husband bring over some deer meat, already cooked.

      Well, the youngest girl gets a whiff of it, and just digs in! After staring at each other like idiots, we decide I should tell her that it is deer meat, venison. OK, so I tell her, "Honey, that is deer meat". She looks at me for a second, then starts to cry...but she is STILL EATING!!

      She hated that the deer was killed, but she LOVED the meat! Now she tells me one of her friends is bringing  deer meat hamburgers to school for a party tomorrow. I told her she didn't have to go. To which she replied; "Are you crazy, I want a deer-burger"!!!

       Therefore, I am asking if GreenPeace comes in maybe a lighter shade???  Have fun with your kids, they leave home FAR too quickly...........even if they are quirky!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think children are still somewhat confused when it comes to fantasy and reality. Bambi isn't real(fantasy) and deer meat(venison) is real(reality). Her heart is in the right place when is comes to hurting Bambi, yet seeing and smelling the reality of real food in front of her, she eats it with no guilt. She, at that point, could actually see the difference between fantasy and reality, they look totally different now. Does that make sense? It's hard for me to put it into words, but I think it makes pretty good sense.

Mollie

Anonymous said...

LOL John your daughter sounds like my daughter and myself! I like deer and elk (speaking of elk that is what we are having for dinner) meat better than any other. But at the same time I hate to see them killed. I could not hunt for them but I don't mind that hubby does. He loves to hunt.

My daughter loves to go with her Dad to hunt. They enjoy the time together and we really like the meat it puts in the freezer. I know some may think this is cruel, but it's really not. What is cruel is to see how many poor animals starve to death each winter because of the lack of water here in the summer. That is sad.

Anonymous said...

welcome back to the site ye old dragon master.  chirp-chirp.

Anonymous said...

 Hey, Skrat716, do I know you under another name? Very few people know that "chirp, chirp" means anything to me???

Anonymous said...

some things chirp that you wouldnt expect to.