Saturday, July 23, 2005

Tough Week all Around---

  More bombings in London-town, high heat in Arizona, and cranky kids here all week, with high heat here, also!! I would say it was a tough week for all concerned!! But the weekend is here, and I have a couple of cold brews, and some ribs on the grill....I will be fine in a few hours!

          As for the rest of you working stiffs...kick back, and take a few minutes to just cool your jets for a bit. Maybe I can put a smile on your face for a little while!

         My youngest daughter asked, "Dad, how do we know that you love us"?? Now, as most of you know, I am not the "huggy-feely" type of guy. So, I tell her, "You are still breathing, right?". My girls don't hug me, nor I them, it is just the way it is. They both are old enough that something like that no longer appeals to them.

           My grandchildren still want hugs and kisses, and I oblige them, knowing full well that they will get older, and NOT want the same later on. That is fine for me. It seems to work for me.

             At the same time, I know people who, even if they don't like you, want to hug, and be your friend when you are near them. Ahhh, but wait untill you leave out of hearing range, and they will talk about you to anyone who will listen!! You all know the type....don't you just want to beat the crap out of them??

          I cannot stand that type of person. If I don't like you, I DO NOT bow to "social graces"....if you are not liked, you will know it. For me, this includes about 99% of the general population. I have said before that I am a 1%-er. I will always be that way. I don't like anyone...I won't hurt people I don't like (unless there is money in it), I just don't "socialize" with them.

           So, how do people around me know if they are loved?? They are still breathing, aren't they??

 

Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: