Tuesday, July 26, 2005

"On Being 'Buzzed'".....

   Well, I finally did it...I had a few too many beers, and here I am, a good buzz going, and nowhere to use it. Although, the wife is getting some "funny" looks from me....hehehehe.

         I haven't been buzzed in so long, I almost forgot what it feels like! I wouldn't say that I am "falling down drunk", but I wouldn't try to operate a motor vehicle right now! Somehow, this takes me back to my teen years, and the feeling of constantly being buzzed. I took being buzzed seriously back then. A case of beer, and a few "joints", and I was on my way to a good buzz. Yeah, I was hardcore back then.

            I can do without the "weed" these days. Someone told me that a "J" costs about $5.00 these days!! Damn! I can remember when one cost about fifty cents!!! Hell, for $5.00, you could buy a GOOD bag of weed!! We called it a "nickel bag". Next was a dime bag, then a "lid" for around $15.00 or $20.00. After that, you were asking for an "oz"...an ounce. That was around $40.00! You would go broke smoking these days!!

          Yes, I am one of a dying breed. I have lived during the time of "cheap weed"!!! A time when everyone smoked, and it wasn't considered so bad. Hell, I can remember girls in high-school coming up and saying, "want to smoke one before the next class?". It was common for nearly everybody in your school to be "holding". Someone nearly always had a joint to share. Good times, bro, good times.

           But, we all grow up, unfortunately, and aspire to "greater things". I never grew up, but I did try to acheive greatness. I think I have succeeded. Am I famous? No. Am I rich? No. Am I Internationally known? I hope not!

          No, I am just me, and as far as I am concerned, that is my greatest accomplishment! We must be true to ourselves. When all is said and done, and the day is over, we MUST be true to ourselves. I guess my ramble is over for today.

 

Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: