Saturday, April 2, 2005

The Man...

  The man slips, and stumbles, but finally manages to gain some purchase on the ground beneath his feet. He used to have good days and bad; now, they are mostly all bad. He lives each day in constant pain. Sometimes he lashes out at those around him.

 

  He "knows" that some are just out to get him, the rest just don't care. They all can tell by looking at him that he has been through a lot, sometimes too much for anyone to bear. He doesn't complain, he just waits to see what life will throw at him next. He figures someone isn't finished with him yet.

 

    He burned brightly in his younger years; maybe too brightly. His life is like a fiery comet. Mesmerizing to some, but maybe over too quickly. Maybe his time in the heavens has come to a close...maybe.

 

     He lives, he loves, he laughs. But mostly, he just goes on, day after day, with no purpose in life. He asks "what is my role here?" No one answers; he knew they wouldn't.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John...I sure know what you are saying cause I feel the same as far as "Is that all there is for me to do"  If not than bring it on so I can get busy.

You know I think we both felt that we were doing a service by being so involved in the quit smoking group.  I sure wouldn't want to go through it again but I do miss the closeness our group had.  I remember having the on-line party in the chat room and then there were 50 and next Tina signing up as the 100th member.  The fireworks  and party.....Super fun.

I imagine since Shirleen has gone to work it really does seem lonesome at your house.  I know it has helped me to have my sister move in for a while.  She is in Va. this weekend so I am reminded how quiet it is around here.  I use to have Granddaughters at least on the weekends but those days have been over now that they are 14 & 16 and involved with boys.

If you come up with another way we can save or corrupt the world let me know.
Your smoke-free buddy,
Jean aka Moonbug