Monday, July 19, 2004

A Strange Response

        Before my mother passed away,I was talking on the phone with her one night. She was in one of her better moods. The conversation got around to religion. I said that I didn't want to talk about it....she persisted. She wanted to know just what I thought of all of it. I really tried to get her to stop---I just didn't think she was ready to hear how I felt about religion. Still,she continued to press me.

         So,I told her,religion is just a scam. It's crap,and I don't believe in it,hell,even the Bible was written by Man. She laughed......a lot. I told her that I just wasn't all that religious,never was,and would never be!! She only laughed harder.

           My mother told me that my entire life was about being religious. She claims that the very fact that I spread my dis-belief is proof that I am working for God. I tell her that I don't get that at all! She said that God was "using" me to test other people's faith. By me making them question my beliefs, it only served to strengthen their own beliefs. Yeah,I didn't get it either....I told you at the start that my mom was a nut.

            You want something stranger than that?? She was not the first one to say that to me! Wierd,huh??

No comments: