Monday, July 5, 2004

ANNIVERSARY

         Well,Sunday,July 4th was my wedding anniversary. I have been married to my wife for 22 years now. She has told me for some time now that she wanted a tattoo....not like mine,but something that SHE picked out. I could live with that. So,we decided that this weekend would be her time.

        I not only talked her into A tattoo,I talked her into TWO!!  I figured,"what the hell?" She may never do this again,so do it right! Well,to make a short story long,she got one on each arm; Both were sets of Harley Wings. She loves them,I love HER!! I tried to tell her that she was tough enough to do it. She was kind of afraid. I explained to her that whatever she had made up in her mind was not what it would be like!

           Once the lady tattoo artist got started,a smile came over my wife's face....I knew right then that all of her fears had been put to rest. Now,don't get the wrong idea...this artist WILL NOT work on you if you are drunk. You must be sober,or be able to pass yourself off as such. Besides,it doesn't hurt! Don't believe me? That's ok,more tattoos for me!! Are they small tattoos? NO!! She said if she was going to do it,they would have to be big enough to see at a distance!! And they are!

             A few months back,I wrote here that you should NEVER have to look back on your life,and ask "what if?" I meant that....now she knows,and she will never have to look back,and wonder,"what if I had gotten at least ONE tattoo?"

            C'mon,folks!! Opportunities don't come to you...you go to them!! Either that,or you make them! Carpe Diem!

No comments: