Monday, February 4, 2008

Emos, Goths, and Kids These Days

Well, as some of you can tell, my muse has somewhat returned to me. She still drinks too much, and just goofs off, but she at least shows up once-in-awhile. So, Emos, Goths, and kids these days. My youngest girl is "Goth" at times, and she is "Emo" at times. We all know what Goth is, but the "Emo" will take a little bit more explaining. Here goes...

 

       I remember seeing a comedian named "Emo Phuillips". He was famous for about five minutes, but seems to have garnered a following in the teenage world. Some kids have no idea where the word "Emo" comes from, some do.  "Emo" kids wear long black hair, and have a strange haircut. Think "Beatles" from the sixties. (I guess history does repeat itself!) Even though she is blonde, my girl wants to say she is "Emo".

 

       Another way to explain Emos is like my daughter says, "Emos are just little boys acting like little girls". Too true, as most of these "boys" look like they would break under any kind of stress. I just don't get it. When I was a teenager, if a boy acted like a girl, he would catch a serious beat-down! (And deservedly so!) Things are strange these days!

 

       Just this past Saturday I spent a full day in the Tupelo Mall, about an hour South of where I live. I could not believe the "boys" that acted so effeminate! If I was a teen right now, I could spend all day beating the crap out of these pussies that call themselves boys!  Now, what about my girl?

 

        I look at it this way; if she wants to be Goth, fine. I would never try to make her someone she is not. As for these boys these days...stop whining that no girls want you, and start acting like you have a pair!(and not tits, either!)

 

;-) Holla' If You Hear Me!!! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" Emo Is Just And Excuse For Boys To Act Like Little Girls."
^_^
Just Like When Devin (guy) Said "OMG I Am So Skinny! I Wear A Size 6......In Girls!"