Saturday, February 23, 2008

Music (Or the Lack Thereof)

Music...what has it become? Where are the days of music actually speaking to us? What happened to bands like the Beatles? Jim Croce, Lynyrd Skynyrd, America, Boston, for goodness' sake? What does today's music say to us? We are skinny little post-modern assholes living on trust funds?

 

     Screw that mess! What can some little 17 year old tell me about life? I am 47 years old...an ex-biker, a total rocker, and completely hardcore in any way that you can think of! Keep your little whiny ass at home with your mama! Give me a hard-drivin' beat, along with a few shots of whiskey, and make me believe that a woman broke your heart. Not that you are reading off of a sheet of lyrics!

 

        Give me Aerosmith saying that "the rabbit done died", and make me think about what that means! Give me some "Sweet Emotions" to wear out on my sleeve! Give me Ted Nugent saying that he has "Cat-Scratch Fever", and all that that entails! Tell me that you need "Three Steps Mister", and just why you need them! Tell me about the "Four Walls of Raiford Prison", and how you have spent a lifetime there!

 

       Tell me that you rode a "Horse With No Name" across the desert, and why you did so! Make me believe that you have seen the inside of a lot of bar-rooms, and that you have spit out at least ONE TOOTH there! Make me believe that you have been alive! And sit down and shut the hell up if you are only 17 or 18 years old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Long may you run!