Monday, January 28, 2008

A Day In the Life Of----

So, how about a look into one day at my house? A couple of weeks ago, my oldest daughter was here with the grandchildren, Roze Marie, and Vinnie. She and my youngest were talking about who weighed what, so the bathroom scales found their way into our kitchen. Everything happens here in the kitchen, I have no idea WHY, just that it does!

 

      So the girls weigh, each in turn, and no, I will NOT post their weights. They both are so dammed skinny! Anyway, as you might guess, the little ones wanted a turn on the scales, too. I probably should mention at this point that these are the old scales, with the dial that rotates. Keep that in mind, please.  So then, after the little ones were finished, the only person left was me. "So, how much do you weigh, daddy?" I knew it was coming.

   

      Now, you need to picture my two daughters and two little grandchildren standing there with their heads down, and looking at the scale dial. Just before I stepped on the scales, I said, as a joke, "you guys may want to step back, as this thing will spin so fast that it will go up in flames"! Only rarely does EVERYTHING in the cosmos line up perfectly to make a "Kodak Moment". It happened on that day. The words had no more than left my mouth when each one of them took a step backwards! Even little Vinnie, who is only four years old!

 

         Just before I went into a fit of laughter that must have lasted for 30 minutes, I screamed that I couldn't believe ALL of them stepped back! I can only try to describe that scene with my words to you. Heaven knows that I am no "Mickey Spillane", or "Stephen King". I wish I had the words to tell you just what went through my head and my heart. I guess those are the times we remember when we meet our end. Maybe the Universe gives us those moments to lighten the burden of simply "being". Maybe those moments are Karmic "paybacks" for good deeds done in our lifetime? Who knows. I only know that I felt sheer joy and elation at that very moment in time!

 

   ;-) Holla' If You Hear Me!!! ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent picture you've drawen!!  Now, if only you could understand that there are many more of those moments to be had every day!!  (you just have to LET yourself have them!)

Anonymous said...

LOL I Rememerb That...Ha Ha! >.< ^_^

Anonymous said...

lmao thanks