Thursday, October 4, 2007

Things Goin' On

 Well, I am practicing on my guitar. Progress is slow, but there IS progress. I used to play some, but that was a lifetime ago. I need to say something here. About a week before my oldest girl bought me that new guitar, my wife brought one from the store where she works. They were going to throw it away, but she rescued it. It was in terrible shape. It looked like a lost cause.

 

           Looking at it, my wife said I could fix it up. She KNEW I could fix it. I was skeptical, but I wanted to share her enthusiasim, so I siad that yes, I could fix it. The back was completely off of it...the strings that were left(all 2 of them), were strecthed far beyond their useful life. Some of the tuning pegs were gone, and it had holes in what was left of that back piece that was off of it. Damn, it was useless! It wasn't even any good for parts! There just weren't enough "parts" to use!

 

         Well, it is sitting in a corner of my computer room/office. If you pick it up, you can actually play it. That's right, it works, and  I expect my youngest girl to play along with me! She said she wanted after I finished it! If you look at the back, you can see all of the work that was done to it. I wanted it that way. It reminds me that even "broken" things can be mended...it just takes some time. Now, where can I apply that message in my life? I think I know, maybe.

 

 ;-) Holla' If You Hear Me!!! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY !!!!!!!!  AMEN !!!!!!!!  Put it to use T.B. !!!!!

Anonymous said...

To forgive shows me just how powerful you really are.