Friday, October 5, 2007

New Poem

                                           Death of a Dragon

 

I used to write, and I used to rhyme
I loved to make people laugh all the time.
But time, as well as tide, wait for no one.
Some terrible things to my soul have been done!
 
A heart is a fragile thing, it really is
A man can be hurt, no matter how "big".
At the center of it all, a woman, wouldn't you know
She did her best, struck the fatal blow.
 
Was a time when she was my best companion,
Now, I am no longer her friend or Champion.
I loved her, and to do my best I always tried,
But the magic, and the love have died.
 
She was a friend, a pal, and a lover
She was a woman like no other!
But recently her infidelity has shown through,
And I am stranded, not knowing just what to do.
 
My heart will never mend,
Of our love, is this the end?
I try to forgive her, I really do,
but this is something very hard to go through.
 
I live each day as the next,
broken, forlorn, just writing the text.
I go through the motions of each day,
Constantly wondering why she strayed.
 
They say that death comes many times to those who flee...
What of a broken heart, what of someone like me?
Death for me can never come quickly enough,
Even though I drink from the poisoned cup.
 
A tainted love, now not worth my time,
She ruined it, it isn't worth my time.
Oh, she said she was sorry, and she cried
But I couldn't believe her, not after she lied.
 
;-( Holla' If You Hear Me!!! :-(

No comments: