Monday, October 8, 2007

Autumn

Why do the leaves turn so many colors? Why is there a crisp bite to the Northern Breeze? Why is it still 95 degrees at this time of year? Indian Summer is what we used to call it as kids. Ahh, to be a kid again! To rake leaves, knowing that you will jump in the pile, and scatter them everywhere! To actually go out and play with a sweater on, to keep away the chill October air. Not this year!

 

        I used to think that global warming was just a farce. Not so much anymore. Where is my October air, with it's distinct bite? Where is that chill at night? Sort of cold, so you have to get up in the middle of the night to close the bedroom window? Not anymore. It was over 90 degrees today, and will be in the upper 70's tonight! Something is wrong here...something sinister is at work. I think we are being lied to about global warming. As I have said before, we used to cut wood this time of year because it was cool enough to get the work done.  I worked at a saw-mill one summer, you do not want that job!

 

        I love the colors of fall. But without the cool air to go with it, something is just missing...if I could only get my muse back. She used to like this weather. Sadly, she only comes when I drink, and I haven't been doing that lately.

 

 ;-) Holla' If You Hear Me!!! ;-)

No comments: