Monday, January 29, 2007

Colder Than A Witch's Heart

 Well, it looks like winter has us firmly in it's grasp. No snow or anything, but the daytime temps are only in the mid-thirties. It seems weird that we had all of our windows open while most of the country was locked in ice and snow just a couple of weeks ago!

 

          Not much going on here just now. It is the start of crappie season. For those of you who don't know, "crappie" (pronounced 'croppie') are a rather large panfish, sort of like perch. They can get as big as three to four pounds. I used to love going crappie fishing this time of year. I was an avid bass fisherman all summer, and the crappie season brought a welcome relief for "cabin fever" in the middle of winter.

 

         I haven't gone fishing in a few years now. Come to think of it, I haven't done much of the things that used to be fun to me lately. Failing health and a general depression have contributed to my lack of enthusiasim for anything. Oh well, when life gives you lemons, throw them at the assholes that are buggin' you!

 

                      Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: