Thursday, January 25, 2007

For My Minions

Well, well, well, here we are again. I must apologize to my "minions" for not writing more here. But, let's face it, it IS winter, and finally cold outside! Up untill last week, we were having temps in the mid to high 70's!  Which brings a thought to mind...

 

        I keep hearing about global warming being a problem; hell, we have all heard it. I used to think it was just a load of bs, but now I am not so sure. My wife and I talked the other day about the winters just since we have been married. We were married on July 4th, 1982. For that first winter together, her brother and I cut firewood for an entire month(October), in preperation for the cold weather. We weren't surprised when it snowed at least three different times that winter.

 

            Since that time twenty five years ago, the winters have become milder and milder. We even have thunderstorms in winter. I actually heard thunder in December this year(last numerical year 2006). I think that maybe we should listen to the scientists that are warning us about global warming. As a matter of fact, the only ones to say that they are wrong are a handfull of scientists that work for the worst-polluting companies. Some have even questioned the credentials of those "scientists", or at least their motives. (I think I hear the sound of big business money in there!)

 

           So, last Saturday I spent the entire day caring for both grandchildren at once. Yeah, I went to sleep early that night, I can guarantee you! Damn, they can be a handfull when you put them both together! But, what the hell, I know I had as much fun as they did! I wouldn't change them one little bit. Sadly, both of them have a bad cold, so that leads to two things...they were a little grouchy at times, and I now have their cold! What the hell, at least I know they are giving me something "extra" when they come over!

 

                          Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: