Monday, October 30, 2006

"The World Waits"

   Last night I had the opportunity to watch a movie that I have been somewhat interested in for a while now. The name of said movie? "The Village".  Overall not too bad of a movie, but I am no critic, so I will leave the rating to them.

 

       In this movie, I heard what I think to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard before. One of the village "elders" was trying to explain why he had sent a blind girl out of the village for help. His excuse, she was in love! His line was this;"The world waits on love". "The world bows in awe before love."

 

         Excuse me? The world destroys love every chance it gets! The world has NEVER waited on love. The world has certainly NEVER bowed before love in awe! Ask Van Gogh, Romeo and Juliet, and many others. The world has NO TIME for such trivial shit as LOVE! The world stomps on love every chance it gets, and then laughs at it's demise. The world crushes love as surely as the sun rises every day!

 

         Don't believe in love, it will only lead to pain for you, and possibly others around you. "Love" is a myth, a unicorn looking to be found. It doesn't exist. It never has existed, and if it ever did, it was crushed long ago! "Love", what a stupid notion. You can never "love" someone, they will find a way to hurt you, or use that love against you to no good. "Love" is just evil with a different spelling. "Love", indeed!

 

              Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: