Wednesday, October 4, 2006

It's the Little Things---

      I have come to a conclusion lately, and I believe it to be a truth; it isn't the "big" things that drive us screaming into the night mad. It is the "little" things, the shoelace that breaks at the wrong time, the button that comes off just before a meeting, when there is no time to replace it. The kids constantly bickering, adults constantly bickering. Peole that lie to you for no good purpose. All of these so called "little things" seem to get stuck in our brains and they add up.

 

         And they add up, and up, and up! Big things(like your car engine blowing up) seem to bring with them what I call "instant meltdowns". You know what I am talking about, that sudden feeling of dread, and the downright "sinking" feeling in the pit of your stomach. This seems to hit almost instantly, and after awhile clears itself so we can work on the problem at hand.

 

          But the little things, they just seem to eat away at you untill nothing is left except an explosion of emotions. Maybe it is because the little things just don't seem to have a solution all the time. Maybe we just hold too many of them close to us. Sort of like a pressure-cooker getting too hot. We keep adding things to it(flame), untill, suddenly, BOOM!!!

 

         So, what is the lesson today, my "minions"?(Fuck, I love that word!) Try to throw away the small shit...let that stuff go, man. The big stuff seems to handle itself, one way or another. I doubt that someone like "Dr. Phil" would agree with my advice, but I don't give a shit....that's just one of those "little things". C'ya!

 

                 Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: