Monday, October 9, 2006

Oxymorons---or just Morons?

    Let's be very clear here, first of all. "Oxymorons" are words that are put together to make a phrase where the words are completely opposite of one another. For instance, "Military Intelligence", or "Thundering Silence". Something like that.

 

          It seems that Diabetes is an oxymoron in and of itself! I hate sugar in anything, yet I constantly have high sugar levels in my blood. If something happens, and I were to go down, I am supposed to put candy in my mouth...the one thing I have to avoid, and it is supposed to save me?

 

           Here is another one. On the box of needles that I have to use, it clearly says, and I quote, "A more comfortable needle". Now, if ever there were an oxymoron just waiting to be found....well, you know the rest. "A more comfortable needle'. It still sticks me, and I still feel it. And, take my word for it, I wouldn't exactly call it comfortable.

 

          I see it this way; if I can't laugh at my problems, someone else will. Besides, it never helps to sit around and whine about it.

 

            Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: