Thursday, December 22, 2005

Day Three (11-30-05)

  Third day. Still boring as hell. I called my wife last night, but there was no answer...I know where she is. She is safe, and ok. I am thinking about why I want to go back to her. I can't come up with a good reason right now. Ever since she has gotten this job of hers, everyone in her life is secondary to the job. She even refuses to introduce me to people she speaks to in public that know her...I am puzzled at this.

         The doctor has set up a meeting between my wife and me for three o'clock today....with someone between us. I have no idea what to say to her. I know that controlling myself is paramount. That is the one thing foremost on my mind. My temper is the reason that I am here. Also, the thyroid gland problem. The doctors are just now telling me that a thyroid gland running away with you can make you "crazy". Imagine that! You think someone could have told me that two years ago?

             The meeting with my wife went smoothly, sort of. She is deathly afraid of me at this point. I guess I can't really blame her. I should have been able to control the beast better than I did. I swore a long time ago that it would never come out.  I guess I was wrong. It seemed to just come all at once. After it was triggered, there was no way to stop it.

          There has emerged a group of people that sort of stick together here; Corey, Beverly, Tony, Helen, and myself. We all talk about the people we have at home. We also share a love of the same cartoons on t.v. We talk about why we are here, and we make jokes to help each other through this time here. It can be good to break the tension every now and then with these people. We jokingly call each other "crazy". One of the counselors has noticed that I am the "leader" of this small clique of people, and has told me as much.

           The staff has full access to everyone here. There are cameras everywhere. Anything you do is captured on film. This point was firmly driven home to two people in our group...they were caught sneaking into each other's rooms on different occasions. That is a definite no-no here! They have just extended their stay, that's for sure. And to answer your un-asked question, no, I was NOT one of them. Why in the hell would you start a relationshipwith someone in the same nut-ward as you are in? Seems like a risk, even without the cameras.....maybe I'm just thinking too much again.

 

               Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had some friends at the hospital. It seems like you were relaxing and having some stress free fun - you needed it. Thanks for sharing. Do you still keep in contact with them?

Mollie