Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Of Men and "Music"

  It is no secret that I hate rap music. It sucks. It only glorifies violence, drugs, and calling women 'bitches' and 'ho's'. It is the most base, and stupid shit that I have ever heard. It is a sad day when we let our children's heroes become drug dealers, pimps, and pushers.

            Now, wait, I hear you out there...."hey, didn't YOU yourself do lots of bad things when you were younger? Aren't you being just a little self-righteous?" No, I am simply being self-aware. A lot of the things I did were wrong, and took advantage of people's circumstances, to my own good, or for profit. I never said it was right, and I think most of my message was "DON'T BE LIKE ME". I never glorified anything that I did to someone else.

             Now, here comes this '50 Cent' rapper. They made a movie about his life. So he was shot nine times. So what? If you are into dealing drugs, it just comes with the job. Sort of an "occupational hazzard". Don't come crying to everybody that you were shot, then Medicaid has to pay to keep you alive. Shut up, die, or get over it! And in that vein, I wrote the following......

______________________________________________

                     (sung to the tune of "The Beverly Hillbillies)

       Come and listen to my story of a man named '50 Cent',

        He made a lot of drug money, but now it's all been spent.

          When one day while he was shootin' up some drugs,

          Up from the street popped a couple of thugs.

           (record producers)

            "Rappin' 50, that's where the money's at,

              Get some new clothes, and a funky fresh hat".

               Well the first thing you know, 50 Cent's a millionaire,

               Folks lookin' at his fresh new ride,

               He said, "Hey, get away from there;

               Back in the ghetto is where y'all belong...

               So get along little doggies, get along!"

 

Really, don't take this rap crap too seriously. I listen to real music. Music that has something extra, where the singers have something....what is the word I am looking for? Oh, yeah, TALENT! That's it, TALENT.

 

Questions, comments, abusive remarks......recording contracts? You always know where to find me.

                Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

           

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That song is a Hoot! !   If I could sing we'd record it! !
I do so agree with you on this day's blog entry.
The Bug

Anonymous said...

I hate rap and always have. What an image for kids to follow. Violence is so glorified today.

You rap pretty good for a biker!!! You can call the record lable "Fat Boy Records" after Harley Davidson!

Hey Shortie, it's your burfday by 50 cent. Yeah.......ugh

Anonymous said...

I just remembered the record lable of one of the rappers - "Death Row Records".

Beautiful, just beautiful. I can't believe it's a real record lable! I like "Fat Boy Records" better!