Friday, November 4, 2005

A Bounty On My Head

  Ok, about 19 years ago,(I can't believe it was that long ago!), there were these drug dealers in our small town. Just small time hoods, really, nothing major. I happen to have a younger brother who is very stupid. He actually owed LOTS of money to these assholes for drugs. No more than a few hundred dollars, but he still owed it to them. After all, he got the 'product', and used it for what it was intended.

               These guys came after my brother, and naturally, he came to me. I told him I would not help him...he made this mess(not his first time), and he could clean it up. The bad thing was, he lived with our grandmother. It wasn't long before they went after her....then I got involved.

              Any time I caught them sitting in their car making 'deals', I would break it up! Any time I saw them in town, I did everything to make their life a living hell. The cops wouldn't do anything, so I did it myself. Before too long, word got back to me that one of these guys had a "contract" out on me. He wanted someone to shoot me. And he was willing to pay....$100.00 for my head.

             $100.00??????? I was so pissed off, I couldn't see straight! That was ALL I was worth to him? A Hundred dollars?? Fuck that!! I wanted his ass....how dare he only offer $100.00 for me!! I made his life hell, and finally caught the guy that took up the "contract".  I confronted him in front of a now gone gas station here in town. This young man was standing there talking to a few of his friends, telling them about his up-coming "payday".

               I just sort of pulled up in my car, and walked right up to the group. I asked him point-blank about his intentions. He stated that I was to be "eliminated" by him. This started me to laughing...I told him that he wouldn't live through the day. "You see", I said to him, "if you look at the door of my car, you will see a shotgun barrell, and a fine young lady holding it. That fine young lady was my wife, and the gun was loaded. This young man was informed that ANY movement from him would be considered hostile, and he would surely suffer dire consequences quickly.

             Before I turned to go back to my car, I told him that it ended there. I would give him no further warning. The next time he saw me, it would be too late for him. He left town that day. Later, the drug dealers left town. It was just too much trouble to sell with me breathing down their necks.

 

              Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: