Tuesday, October 4, 2005

An Ephiphany! (Maybe)

    Here I am again! I was in LOTS of pain yesterday...I could barely walk. My wife won out, and I went to the doc for a shot to kill the pain, and I feel better today. I was just glad she was home yesterday; she knows I would never ask her to take off from work just to take me to the doctor. Anyway.....

              It is no secret at my home that I have always been interested in 'prophets', or 'seers'. I think I have come up with a new theory. My theory states that NO ONE can know the future. It just can't happen. I hope to show you why I think that way. I just hope I can help you, the reader, to understand my point of view, and then have you form YOUR OWN OPINION. Even if it is different from mine.

                Think of 'time' as we know it, as a line. On this line are three points, and the line is finite. It might look something like this;  A_________B________C.  (A) represents the PAST. This has already happened. (B) represents NOW, what IS happening. (C) is the FUTURE...this has NOT happened yet. Are you still with me? Trust me, it isn't very complicated, I know, it came from my head.

                  Here is where it might get a little tricky.The line MUST remain STRAIGHT between (A) and (B), because this has been, and is now. But the line to (C) is not so straight.That is because this has not been. Anything could change the path to (C). You could be headed toward (C), and get sidetracked, thus, (C) would be arrived at later, or sooner, thereby changing what (C) would have been. Do you follow me so far? As things go, and all things being equal, there are numerous paths to (C), simply because it has NOT happened yet.

                You could sneeze in a diner, and change the future...or not. The possibilities are endless.  As much as I love to read from prophets past, I just think that no one could know the future. Questions, comments, abusive remarks? You know where to find me!!

 

                Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: