Saturday, October 15, 2005

All Quiet on the Southern Front

    Well, things have been sort of quiet of late. I am still eagerly awaiting 'All Hallows Eve'. This is always my favorite time of the year. From now untill about April. I love the winter. I have no idea why, but I do. I always have!

              Even as a child, I couldn't wait for the lead-grey skies of winter. Summer is ok, but I prefer winter. I have heard all of the stories about people getting "cabin-fever" in the winter.....NOT ME!! Give me low temps, and plenty of SNOW!!!

                 "But flowers don't bloom in winter", you say. Who needs 'em? They just bring bees, and I am allergic to bee-stings. Besides, artificial flowers look just fine to me...and they have the added advantage of NOT DYING! "Nuclear Winter"??? Bring it on! Hell, I am ready for it.

                  Now for the bad news....I keep hearing that our heating bill will go way up this winter. Sounds kind of stupid to me, especially since I use natural gas, and the pumping station is just three miles from my house!! We do not import natural gas....it is found HERE. We EXPORT plenty of it. I have seen the ships on tv that handle it. But yet, it will go up just as much as crude oil from the middle east. I say that something is definitely rotten in Denmark!!!

 

Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: