Friday, October 15, 2004

Why Play Games?

   How are we today? Yes, I have been away, so shut the hell up and deal with it! Some of you need to be smacked around a little to get you quiet!  I have been totally UN-INSPIRED lately!  Don't ask why, even I can't say why. But, on to the title of this rant....

   As some of you know, I belong to another web-site, where I am a Moderator. We have one member who has logged in under sooo many names, that I need a scorecard to keep up with them. Why? Each time, all of us KNOW it is her. Every time, she comes in with a sad story of human suffering beyond belief! Why? What is wrong with this person? I don't have a clue. Our site is about ONE thing....helping people.

       It just seems wrong that we, as a group, cannot reach out to this person. I cannot BEGIN to know what goes through her mind when she sits down to type. I am totally "stumped" as to how to help her. She just will not have anyone tell her that something is wrong with her....it's everyone else who is wrong!  I could understand this if it were only ONE person saying that something is wrong....but we have over 1,000 members!

         Why the games? The worst that will happen to her is that she will be banned from the site for  being an ass. This does NOT speak to the problems that this person is obviously facing. Surely there is SOMETHING we could do for her? I truly don't have a clue here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm reading this a little late. It reminds me of a disease called Munchausen syndrome. I do not know exactly what it entails, but basically the person with the disease actually inflicts illness on themself in order to receive attention. I don't know if coming up with stories of human suffering in order to receive attention is the same thing or not; that might simply be Narcissism.