Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The Difference Between Men and Women...

  They give you a choice of different type-settings, here, but they all pretty much don't fit my style. I will find a way around that.......I think I have just found a way around all of that! 

   So, the difference between men and women....my youngest daughter came in from school today, hungry as usual. I, and my wife usually have dinner already cooked, and just leave it in the oven for her, because she ALWAYS comes home from school ready to eat.                                Well, today she comes in and finds a cake that my wife baked earlier today, so, she says to me, "hey, dad, can I have some cake?". I am a dad, and mom is gone from home at this particular time....so, I did what any good dad would do, and say, "yes, go ahead!".         Of course, dinner is in the oven, and it is still warm. I can already hear all of the "moms" out there. "Oh no he didn't just do that!". Well, I did, because I am a man, and a mother would never give a child cake before dinner in the evening!!         If you don't see any more entries here, then my wife of 22 years has killed me when she got home! If, after a few days, I am back, then she simply mauled me like a mother bear, and I needed time to recover!          No matter what happens, I did exactly what a dad would have done...I let my little girl have her way, something my wife says I do too much!!!  Be nice to each other....don't make me come over there!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a little cake before dinner never hurt anyone.........once in a while.  I've been known to have ice cream sundaes with my kids INSTEAD of dinner on certain occassions.  Life is short.  enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I have often given my daughter whatever she wants to eat even when dinner is on the table.  Nothing wrong with that at all.