Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Stick It In Your Ear!

   Anyone who knows me in the "real" world knows of my disdain for cell phones. I don't like them at all. Hell, I leave my home to keep assholes from bothering me on the phone, why would I carry a phone with me in my pocket? But now, they have what I call "stealth phones".

 

          My first encounter with one of these things was last year at Wally World(Wal-Mart). I was looking over some cd's, and the lady standing beside me just started talking like someone else was standing there! I looked at her, and thought "well, she's gone 'round the bend!" It was only later that my wife pointed out that people now wear tiny head-sets that clip onto their ear! The lady beside me had her's hidden by her hair.

 

          I see more of these things here lately. Everyone seems to be wearing them. Even in restaraunts, while they are eating! I draw the line at that. My wife knows better than to have her telephone on when we are dining out. I just won't stand for it.

 

          Look folks, the phone on your hip isn't impressing anyone, do you think that wearing a head-set will fix the problem? And don't even get me started on those damn iPods!

 

                  Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I Encountered This Because At Wally World One Day Bro.Sims Walked Up And Said, "Hey,What Are You Doing?You Need Something?" And I Replied "Hey And Nope Just Here Shopping With My Mom And Dad!" He Then Said "Okay Bye" Then Turned Off His Phone...It Was Then That I Noticed He Had A "stealth Phone" With The Head Set And All....I Felt So Stupid! LOL :)