Tuesday, August 3, 2004

This is my Hideout

This is my hideout! This is my hang-out! After a long day, I still can come here, write a little, or just read. Or, I can read other journals. It is good to have a place to come to. A place to think, to be alone, to contemplate things going on. There is no pressure here. No one cares what, or how much I write. It doesen't have to be perfect. I don't have to worry about giving someone the wrong advice, or saying the wrong thing(we all do at some point).

      I don't have to be "politically correct" here. Not that I can insult persons just for fun, but I mean that I can say things here that I cannot say anywhere else. I spend everyday trying to help other people. Not for a living, I don't get paid for it. I speak to people about the dangers of smoking. I know these dangers....I smoked for 30 years, even after my first heart-attack last year in October(2003). That's right, even AFTER something that nearly killed me, I continued to do it! If you are a teen, and are reading this, DON'T SMOKE!!  OK, enough "preaching".

    The temp outside here today has been about 100 degrees!! HOT!! Very hot! I used to like the summers here, the heat, the long growing season...I loved it all. Now, I can't go out in the heat... I used to fish untill the sun was down below the horizon every day. Not anymore. I have to stay in. I still love Fall, and Spring,(except for the tornadoes!). Wait, I got off of the subject...

      See that? It happens all of the time here. I set out to say something, and get completely side-tracked! THAT is the measure of a good hide-out! You can be yourself. You can truly let yourself go. Between this, and my meditation, I can feel completely refreshed in about 30 minutes a day!! I see I had a comment left behind by someone today. Thank you for joining us on this little trip that is my life. The entire journal starts at March 30, or 31 of 2004, if you want to catch up.

       We welcome anyone here....and we, or I, know exactly who you are. Come and explore.....I'll leave the light on!

                                        Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: