Thursday, August 19, 2004

New Poem---08-18-2004

.....................What the Dragon Saw.............................   He had money, and women by the score, He could never want for anything more. His King called to him one dark day, "The people have seen a Dragon,make it go away". He replied, "as you wish, my Liege, He'll die quicker than a castle under siege".   So, he rode out, this Magnificent Slayer of Beasts, He rode many days, to the East. Of course the Dragon heard him from miles away, He knew he would eat well this day!   This Slayer, so bold and brave, Rode right up to the Dragon's cave! In the air hung the smell of sulfur and Death, He knew this to be the Dragon's Breath.   He shouted, "What ho, Dragon, I've come to end your life, Then I'll take the King's daughter as my wife!" The Dragon replied, "Thou art truly brave, but foolish at best, If you mean to kill me,then you most surely jest!!"   But the Slayer persisted,not knowing all was lost, This Dragon feared him not, his heart was  cold as frost! That fight didn't last even a minute, The Dragon ate him before he could begin it!   Now, I tell you this tale so true, It is a small gift from me to you. You should never make a Dragon mad, you see 'Cause that Dragon Slayer tasted good to ME!!!!   ..................John F. Goodson, Jr..............................                     08-18-2004

No comments: