Thursday, June 19, 2008

We All Have to Pay...

Have you seen this shit? We are now forced to buy "converter boxes" to see our tv after January '09? The fuckin' cable companies were going to make everyone pay for cable one way or the other! Either you have cable, or, if you get tv on an antenna, then you now have to buy the converter boxes that are for sale by the cable companies. Fuck that!

 

       This is simply another example of Congress passing laws without our knowledge! You didn't think that all of the cable companies just decided to go digital all at once? Oh no, my friends, this was brought on by the cable companies, but Congress passed the legislation to make it happen! And the cost of these boxes? They start at $40;00! I am sure that there are more expensive ones. This is bullshit, and we should not stand for it! I am writing to Senator Trent Lott, of Mississippi. I will tell him just what a rip-off this really is! There are lots of rural living people who count on big antennas to get their tv. Fuck these corporate assholes!

 

         On a lighter note. Our car has been making a funny noise so my wife took it to a "trained" Nissan mechanic.  All she got from him was that one of the belts was loose, so he tightened it. Still the noise persisted. I told her it sounded like an external noise, like the water pump, or the power steering pump. Meanwhile, back at the shop, and the heavily trained mechanic, he just scratches his head and says he can't figure it out? So, last Thursday, guess what happens? You guessed it... the water pump went out about three miles from the dealer, and their trained mechanic! Now, how did I know it was the water pump? Lifetime experience, that's how! I trained as a diesel mechanic in the Army, but it is all almost the same thing! I have never worked on foriegn cars before, but I am sure they are not so different from U.S. cars. Except for Mazdas. They have "rotary" engines in them!

 

           My oldest daughter took me to eat a steak dinner last Saturday for Father's Day. I just had fun with the kids, I didn't really need the dinner at all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John here in Pa if you have cable your covered it is for the old tv antenea tv's the old folks don't want to get rid of plus the boxes are 50 bucks and they give you a 40 buck rebate you take with you to the cashier, changing over sucks, but I don't have enough cash to buy a 700 dollar tv.
Mechanics today if the don't have a computer they are lost, a water pump went on my wan took it to a garage the guy says how the hell do you know it is the pump, pal the water ain't circulating and my gauge is running hot plus that sound is the bearings in the pump, yep sure enough that's what it was.
Glad you had fun on father's day!