Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Only Rat I Like

 I may have mentioned somewhere here before that I hate rats. Not the little four-legged kind...the kind of rat that gets people killed, the kind that talks too much. Those kinds of "rats" don't even deserve to live. But, I AM A RAT myself...a PACKRAT that is! I keep things that other people would just throw out.

 

            I am sure that I may have mentioned that my wife works for the Salvation Army. She has access to the sort of junk that would send a packrat like myself into cardiac arrest if we could just have her job. It falls to my wife to sometimes work in the  back of the store, sorting things to sell or to throw out. I could never do her job. My car would barely make it home every night!! It would be so loaded down with junk that the tires would be flat!

 

            Thank goodness for people like my wife. People who can actually throw something away, and have it leave their hand! I could never do it! I own one of those big standing tool boxes, you know the kind. Big, red, full of tools, weighs many hundreds of pounds. I nearly cried when I finally cleaned it out once, and actually threw things away that I had amassed from twenty years of collecting. I will never go through that kind of trauma again!

 

                          Holla' If You Hear Me!!!

No comments: