Friday, December 12, 2008

I missed two very important dates...November 16, and December 3rd. Those are the dates of when I and a friend of mine quit smoking five years ago. I have no idea how I overlooked those dates. Those are critical dates to me. One of the biggest accomplishments of my life was on December 3, 2003. My friend, as you can clearly see, had a couple of weeks on me. I loved her, and now she is gone. I said my goodbyes, but it still leaves me with a weird feeling, knowing that I can never ask her for advice again.

And if you are thinking about me meeting up with her later on the "other side", think again. There are special places for such a kind-hearted soul as hers, and one as black as mine. I hate it when people say that someone who has died is "in a better place". I hate it, but I hope for her that it is true. I am no longer babysitting the grandkids. My son-in-law lost his job just before Thanksgiving. He never misses work, but was sick, and went to the doctor on a Friday afternoon, and his boss fired him. This is Mississippi, we have no labor laws here! He worked for these people for 11 years!

And in even worse news, I have heard just about every kind of threat on Mr. Barack Obama, our new president-elect. Let me explain something right now...some stupid fucking redneck will try to take him out. Of this I am sure. I am also sure of one other thing...that single action will spread more fear and chaos in the United States than any terorrist could ever hope for. If you are reading this and having stupid thoughts....just don't, ok? You have no idea what will follow...I do know, and it won't be pretty. We don't need to be fighting amongst ourselves, we need to fight the rich scumbags that run Washington...not the new pres.

1 comment:

garnett109 said...

Just my opinion but I think Obama can't do any worst than Bush.
There has to be some kind of work laws there if not how about a personal law suit against the business?