Monday, April 21, 2008

Jesus Wept

...So what's new, right? It seems like I always have something to say! I just wanted to make a comment for those that suffer from depression. There is a passage in the Bible that simply states "Jesus Wept". If He suffered from depression, indeed he did weep.

       If "Jesus wept", then it seems he got over it. Depression is different. I think I can speak for most when I say that depression is like the worst thing that ever broke your heart....and it happens to you EVERY SINGLE DAY. There is no reprieve, no holiday from it. You can wake up with every intention of having a good day, but the crushing depression takes care of that very quickly.

       People tell you to just "get over it". Don't we wish! How would you like to have your heart ripped out every day, no matter what you WANTED to feel like? That is depression, and it hardly ever gets any better. Jesus wept sounds like a small problem to me. And, please, I am not comparing myself to Jesus, or anyone spiritual, I am just making a point.        actually, if one were to look at all things considered, I think maybe Jesus was a bit depressed, maybe?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been battling it now for 11 years, i have goods so to speak and bad days

Anonymous said...

Maybe He Was Depressed...It Says In the Bible That Jesus Is Not  ANYTHING hOw We Imagine Him. He Could Have Been Depressed, I Have Heard Many People Say (referring back to what i stated ABout Him Not Being Anything Like We Imagine) That He Could be Jewish,Black,White,Phipllipean, Or Such. I Know This Probably has Very Little To Do With What YOU Said, But Just Wanted To Point That Out.