Friday, December 7, 2007

Us

Us...we. It seems that all of us are racing head-long toward one thing...Death. We are born, and we die. I guess it is that space in-between that defines us as who we are. The good that we do, the bad that we do, the good times, and the times when we are hurt. These are the things that make us who we are. These things can make us, or break us.

 

        I have been broken by a person. A person that I thought I loved, but I no longer care for. That makes me sad to say, because I thought I would love that person no matter what, for the rest of my life. They changed that, not me. The blame lies with that person, not me. How can I forgive what they did to me, to us? Right now, the hatred burns so deeply that I think it will never leave.

 

        So now I hurtle head-long into that great abyss all alone, no life-partner by my side. While that person is still here, they do not count for anything. I will enter that cold, dark place completely alone, even if they are at my side. I would welcome the dark right now. At least I wouldn't have to face another day in this joke that is my life and marriage.

No comments: